Monday, September 28, 2009

Canadian Arctic Needs Motivational Speakers

When I think about the high drop out rates of Inuit school kids up in the Canadian Arctic as well as the general tough times the communities up there are going through, it's apparent that the region could use visits from motivational speakers. Only a quarter of the Inuit students will finish high school. Alcohol abuse and suicides are rampant. I would be more than willing to go up there as a motivational speaker and speak for free if my travel was paid for. Unfortunately, travel to the Canadian Arctic, especially flights, are very expensive. But if any government agencies or private organizations with interests in the Arctic are willing to foot the travel cost, then I'm in and I will be more than happy to bring both my adult motivational presentation as well as my youth talks.