Sunday, September 27, 2009

Corporate Diversity A Huge Observation

I was the guest keynote speaker at the annual general meeting for a career skills company last week where they had 150 staff from nine different branches come together for an entire afternoon. One of the huge observations I made right away was the high level of corporate diversity among the staff. Many races, cultures and a few handicapped individuals were represented. I will be the guest speaker for a local telephone company later this coming week and I expect a similar observation since utility companies also tend to have much corporate diversity. Although both of my keynotes for these two companies are motivational, I would think (hope) that they will want me to return to do a corporate diversity talk given their diverse staffs.