Monday, November 17, 2008

Did You Notice Emotional Intelligence In Toastmasters Magazine?

Did you notice the full page spread on emotional intelligence in last month's Toastmasters magazine? One of the key topics that I wanted to include as a motivational speaker for the youth audience is emotional intelligence. Emotional intelligence has been a buzzword in corporate circles because of its importance in workplace relationships. If our youth gets exposed to this concept early, I think that it would have major impact since they can prepare early before they even get into the workforce and future careers.

So far, I haven't fit emotional intelligence as a topic in my motivational speaker talks to the adult audiences yet due to lack of time as my one hour presentation is already jammed full of great information. But I may develop a second talk to fit in emotional intelligence. In the meantime, check out my emotional intelligence article.