Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Does Clint Do Speeches?

Since there are so many new members who need to work through their speech projects, I haven't done any at our Mississauga Toastmasters club for probably over a year. Some members might even be thinking whether I do speeches at all! Even our founder, Susan has done a speech or two in recent months.

My own preference is to focus mainly on longer keynote speeches which take at least 30 to 60 minutes rather than the usual five to seven minute project speech. It's funny because some members struggle to fill in enough for a 5 to 7 but I find that it's nowhere near enough for what I want to do now. So the result is unfortunately, my keynotes will never see the light of day at our Toastmasters club meetings.

However, there is now a chance to see the keynote at an event next week on Dec 2 as one of our local Mississauga Toastmasters area governors is putting on a Personal Improvement seminar evening. I am one of the scheduled speakers. Actually, I got snaggled last minute only days ago. More details will come as I get them. The only thing I know so far is that it will be at a hotel at QEW and Winston Churchill from 7 to 9 pm and it's FREE!