Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Toastmasters Leader Workshop

I was asked by the district to conduct one of the longer official Toastmasters workshop last night in Brampton.  This was one called Characteristics of Effective Leaders.  We had a good crowd of 19 of us in attendance.  This was one of the best turnouts for Toastmasters workshops as far as I'm told.

Although it's always nice to meet new faces, it's also nice to see familiar faces at these workshops.  I knew about a third of the attendees there last night from my visits to other TM clubs.  It was also nice to see our own Comfortably Speaking Toastmasters club's Michael Beer there.  He took advantage of extra free educational opportunities at Toastmasters that one cannot normally get at club meetings and got to interact with TM members he's never met before.

As the workshop conductor, I had fun interacting with the group and meeting some new faces as well.