Sunday, November 7, 2010

November 6, 2010 Summary by Marcia

I am sure glad I didn't miss the meeting on November 6. Just some highlights!

Siobhan, set the tone for the meeting with her humourous story about her ambitious preparation efforts to get to the meeting on time, only to find out there was no meeting. :lol: You see, meetings are held on the 1st & 3rd Saturday of the month. She attended Saturday #4.

Siobhan, that was too funny, because I think it was so appropriate for the meeting's theme. Choosing a 'different cow path'. Thank you for that!

Moving on, Mike, the Table Topics...brilliant! I think that was so genius to incorporate a lesson with the Table topic. Thank you for that too!

Now the speeches. My favourite part. I think we have such a great collection of people that make this club great! Why?

Today I learned about Myanmar and it's culture. I think Ame delivered a very informative, engaging and entertaining speech. Ame, I always enjoy the enthusiam you exude when delivering your speeches. I always look forward to being entertained and informed when you speak. Keep up the great work.

Let us move from Myanmar to India! I thought it was great! Supriya enlightened us on the business culture in India. Since Supriya has joined our group she has allowed me to view Canada and our culture through the eyes of a newcomer. Thank you for that Supriya .

LiHong! You amaze me! I could not believe that you actually made those shades. I am soooo impressed! They look good! Thank you for sharing the information with us.

Leonard, "The Professor". Your speeches always hi-jack my attention. I think your topics are always relevant, interesting & informative in an engaging way, and I have told you so. Your structure and organization is, I think. your secret. Keep on keeping me informed about the world around me. Thank you.

Roxine, I think your evaluation was spot-on. You were very gracious and articulate in your evalution of our meeting. Believe it or not, I am so inspired by you. Keep it up...I think you are doing a wonderful job! I feel so fortunate to witness your growth.

Sharita, thank you very much for a very inspiring 'Thought of the Day' to end our meeting. I think you did a great job in your choice of anecdote. Very positive. What a beautiful way to end another great meeting.

Raj, overall I think you did a great job chairing this meeting. I know I can only speak for myself however, I really enjoyed it and glad I was in attendance.

For those I did not mention who were present and contributed to a great meeting let me do it here. Thank you Julie, Samera, Sue & Susan and of course our guests. You all, too, were very instrumental in making this a great meeting.

Looking forward to the next great meeting!

By Marcia